The Parent Council is made up of a representative from each class in the Infant school and it meets half termly with a senior member of staff in the school. The aim is to further improve communication between the staff and parents both ways, with benefit to the children and their experiences of school and learning. The more we keep channels of communication open the more we reach successful decisions which are agreed and understood by all.
Minutes of the meeting are shared via the class representatives and on this website. Your class representative for this year is shown below and they are happy to discuss the outcome of meetings with you.
If you have a question or item you wish to have raised please speak to them. Items should be of general interest and not be a single query regarding yourself or your child. Feel free to tell us the things we are doing well as well as suggestions for improvements.
How the council has had impact so far this year:
· Parent sessions to observe swimming in the Summer term are now planned
· Plans to invite parents in to have a lunch with their child are now in place
· Ideas from parents on ways to fundraise have been forwarded to the Friends of Hamstel parents association to investigate
· Offers of assistance have been made to help maintain and develop our school library with good ideas being raised for ways to encourage volunteers in
· Representative have been able to explain our procedures for things such as nit prevention and swimming supervision arrangements to other parents and reduced their concerns
Parent Council Representatives 2018-19
Mrs Joanne Crawley
Mrs Faye Roberts
Mrs Jane Stacey
Mr Rahil Butt
Mr Lee Daws
Mrs Hannah Goodliff
Mrs Mathula Aravindan
Miss Kerry Phillips
Mrs Saadia Choudhury
Mrs Nina Kirby-Deboux
Mrs Faye Roberts